Monday, April 11, 2016

Horsetail Falls Fireglow, Yosemite National Park

I have been away from blogging since 2013. Wow! Busy with life, but I like to capture images as life passes me by. A monumental moment was this past Feb 2016. I was lucky enough to watch the phenomenal event of Horsetail falls glowing from the sun setting & creating a fire glow on the East side of El Capitan.


Here was my view while I waited sitting in my chair for just the right moment for the water fall fire glow, around 5:15pm. I got there by 3pm & the crowds were already gathered taking up prime spots. I walked around looking for my best vantage point. I found it right on the edge of the river. A group of 3 were leaving, I swooped in & took their site w many thanks!!!




I have never seen so many crazy people in one small place in Yosemite National Park. Everyone looking for that special spot! Hoping for clear skies. Behind me were rows of people observing, capturing w all their gear on display, (camera, tripod, bags, chairs) kids running around, picnics of groups of people of all ages, races & fun was had by all, me included! The craziest part were the cars, parking-legal & illegal. Where were the Park Rangers? Anyway, it was quite the experience!  Too top it off, seeing such a site along the Merced River was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment