Saturday, August 3, 2013

Bakersfield, Ca. PG&E Power Plant Implosion

I got up really early this morning to go out to shoot the Implosion of the PG&E Power Plant in Bakersfield, Ca. There were many angles that I could have shot this from. I chose a view from the West, shooting east into the sunrise. I knew that the sun would be rising right after the implosion. The sky had potential for great light with clouds! Also the mountains to the East would make a great dimension to the scene.


I arrive early to stake my area! Do you see the moon in the sky?

I couldn't believe that the truck pulled into my frame. But now I kind of like it cuz it gives dimension & size to the scene.

I didn't have my cable release in my hand. The explosion was huge & loud. I grabbed my shutter release & this is the 1st shot I got. Goofing around on my iPhone caused me to miss it.....

.02 of a sec between this image & the above one. 

Just smoke now....

Didn't quite level it. 

New skyline looking at a beautiful sunrise in the East!

The sad thing about this story is that there were some shrapnel that flew & injured some people that were observing the implosion! I pray for their speedy recovery & healing! 








No comments:

Post a Comment