Monday, July 29, 2013

Meteor Showers 2013


I just love to get out on a warm late summer nite & look to the skies! It is that time of year, that the Meteor Showers start to brighten the night skies. I was able to go out last nite and capture the below images. 

Star Trails with Meteor. Facing North
 The 1st one is a circular star trail image with a meteor shooting thru the scene. It is approximately 100 images processed in StarStaX to get the results you see here. 

Meteor 7-29-2013
The 2nd one is one image from the above circular star trail image. 

I shot all of the images in Manual Mode 30sec shutter speed, Aperture wide open at 5.6, ISO 800.
With my Nikon D300, Lens 12-24mm, shot at 13mm.

I saw lots of meteors last nite & they were amazing! But not as amazing as it was this morning when I downloaded my images & this popped up on my computer screen! I love it when this happens!

If you are a night sky watcher or shooter, now is the time to plan that trip to view the spectacular showers coming up. Like tonites, Delta Aquarid Meteor Shower & in a few weeks the Perseids Meteor Shower!